The lovely and thoughtful Emily of notsonanna.com nominated roospotting.com for a Libster Blog Award. An award! Me?
This is the best kind of award because it’s about spreading blog love and creating a community. Both of these things are high priorities of mine in 2015 and I’m super stoked to participate.
Here’s how it works. I create a post about the Libster award which includes 11 questions Emily has posed to me. I in turn find 11 blogs I admire (with less than 200 followers, though this is not a super strict guideline) and nominate them for a the award, asking them 11 questions of my own. Easy peasy.
Not sure if the rest of you occasionally lack topic ideas but this is like a little freebie- plus it forces you to go out and explore new blogs and give shout outs to your faves. As the band Rilo Kiley sings, ‘You’ve got to give a little love to get a little love.’ xo
Here are my answers Emily!
1. What was the one thing that took your blog from a dream to reality?
It would have to be the support and encouragement of friends and family when I started writing about my post natal depression and anxiety.
2. Who is your favourite artist (musician, crafter, painter etc)?
This is an incredibly difficult question! I have a favourite in every genre. Here goes off the top of my head: Musician(s) Rolling Stones, Amy Winehouse, Dave Matthews, Led Zepplin, Jay-Z, Missy Elliot, Coldplay, 90’s Alternative Rock….Crafter: Alexander Calder, Painter: Michelangelo, Photographer: Cindy Sherman, Poet: John Donne Playwright: Shakespeare, Director: Frances Ford Coppola, Actor: Bill Murray I could go on…
3. Why do you love your favourite season?
I Love Summer more than anything because I grew up in the Northeastern part of the USA where we didn’t see the sun (or the ground because it was covered in white stuff) almost 9 months per year. Bring on the sun and the beach! Autumn in New York is a very close second.
4. What was the best moment from a birthday when you were a kid?
Probably my 10thbirthday when I had 10 girls sleep over and we stayed up all night trying to freak each other out with games like ‘light as a feather,’ the Ouija Board and Bloody Mary.
5. Milk, dark or white chocolate?
6. Least annoying / despised / boring type of house work?
7. If someone offered to make you dinner, what would you have them whip up?
Something healthy, tasty, and veggie-laden
8. Last concert you went to?
Uuugh sore subject. I had tickets to see The Kooks in Melbourne a few weeks ago but we had a wedding to attend (which was amazing BTW). It’s the second time I purchased Kooks tickets and didn’t get to go. The first time I mixed up the dates. Ouch! To answer the question the last concert I saw was The Lumineers at the Corner Hotel in Richmond. Excellent show.
9. Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook?
Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest in that order.
10. Do you watch the movie first or read the book first?
Read the book, then the movie is never as good. Why do I do this? Good question.
11. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
A recovering night owl. I have a 16 month old daughter so I’m trying desperately to fit in with the morning peeps.
Ok ya’ll. Here are my Libster Award nominees. Check out their blogs, they rock.
And here are the 11 questions you lucky folks have been charged to answer:
1. What is your biggest blog inspiration?
2. Favorite subject to blog about?
3. What is one thing you want to try in 2015?
4. If someone gave you three extra hours in each day, what would you do with it?
5. Most recent TV obsession?
6. Top three favourite movies?
7. If you could eat one type of cuisine for the rest of your life what would it be?
8. Favorite way to unwind?
9. Coffee or Tea?
10. Who was the last person you called?
11. If you could get on a plane tomorrow, where would you go?
And here are 11 random facts about me. I have a feeling this is going to be the most difficult part!
1. I have 11 tattoos
2. I met my husband on Langkawi Island, Malaysia
3. Our daughter owns two passports (American and Australian)
4. She was named after the song, ‘Lavinia’ by The Veils
5. I grew up in Buffalo, New York. Go Bills!
6. I’ve worked and lived in Germany, The Netherlands, Finland, Australia and the USA
7. I write sentences in my head
8. My younger brother is turning 30 this month (man it makes me feel old)
9. I have an on again, off again obsession with Bikram yoga
10. I really like wine, wait-that’s not random, everyone knows that
11. When I am creating, I am happy
Wasn’t that fun? Okay nominees. Here are the official rules in dot points:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the Liebster Award image on your blog.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award, have less than 200 followers (check out the Facebook and/or Bloglovin’ follwers if you can tell from the blog – this seems to be a bit of a flexible rule).
- Let those bloggers know that you’ve nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer