Guys- by the time you read this I will be on a plane. OMG. I’m freaking out a little, okay a lot, as I type and schedule this post.
Excited, yes, because I can’t wait to see my family and friends. Worried, absolutely, because Lavinia and I have been super sick for the last few days. Bummed, of course, because I’m going to miss my husband real bad.
So while I’m consuming airplane and fast food- do yourself a favor and make this delicious fruity goodness just because you can.
I’m consider myself more of a cook than a baker because I don’t like “measurements.” I do have to say I’m quite proud because I totally made this recipe up and it rocks. Admittedly I did get some of the dry ingredient proportions from a few recipes I read online. If you want to get a little cray just add some frosting and viola- a healthy cake.
- 1 cup Flour, white, wholemeal or half and half
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 1/4 tablespoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tablespoon Ground Cloves
- 1 cup Grated Carrots
- 1 cup Grated Apple
- 2 Ripe Mashed Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Plain or Greek Yoghurt
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Meal
- Mix dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In a mixer or by hand mix the eggs, yogurt, bananas, and grated carrot.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and fold the apple in last.
- Bake that bad boy in a greased loaf pan for 35 minutes at about 175 C or 350 F (Keep an eye on it and poke in the middle if you're unsure.