Did you ever notice how words used to describe food often sound a little naughty? I mean, seriously- I dare you to watch Nigella and not think about sex once. It’s all in the descriptions.
I was feelin’ it while this chicken was in the slow-cooker! The smells wafting out of there were downright sassy. I could not WAIT for dinner.
The sweet, salty and sour flavors will tease your tastebuds into submission. There is nothing like a completely satisfying meal.
Bonus: This one is mid week quickie.
Slow Cooker Chicken With Asian Slaw
For the Chicken
- 2 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Cups Organic Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 Clove Garlic Grated
- 1 (Thumb size) Chunk of Raw Ginger Grated
- Combine wet ingredients in slow cooker then add the grated ginger and garlic.
- Give it a quick stir.
- Add chicken making sure the breasts are at least halfway submerged. I like to cover the exposed breasts (giggle) with a few spoonfuls of the sauce and gently swirl to coat the chicken completely.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken and shred with tongs and a fork.
- Transfer juices to a pan and reduce to about halfway, then add shredded chicken to the sauce. (You can skip this step if you want but it’s worth it).
For the Slaw
- 2 Stalks Celery
- 1 Carrot Shredded
- 1 Stalk Broccoli (skinned)
- 1 Red Apple
- A few leaves Chopped Mint
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- A Few Shakes Salt & Pepper
- Shred veggies and fruit with a grater or in a food processor. (I chopped the tomato with a knife so it didn’t get mushy.
- Toss with lemon juice and sesame oil.
- Add mint.
- Season with S&P.
Place chicken and slaw onto little slider buns and serve with some extra slaw on the side. If you are low carb try putting everything into a wrap or onto some spinach.