It’s officially Spring in Australia which means Fall is fast approaching back home in Western New York.
Here’s something I tried for the first time last week (who knew ceviche was so easy??) I was in this strange ‘in between’ space- missing the Summer I just spent in Buffalo while anxiously anticipating Melbourne’s warmer months.
This recipe was inspired by this yummy one I found on Foodgawker– I used different fish and fewer ingredients and it turned out beautifully.
I served my salad over watercress but you can try zoodles, quinoa, rice, noodles or nothing at all. Try topping it with Avocado (I did, but mine was not pretty enough to include in the photo).
This recipe would also be delicious with Mango- and I had good intentions to include one but I ‘accidentally’ ate it while chopping.
Summer Lovin’ Ceviche Salad
- 1 Fillet Orange Roughy
- 1 Small Tuna Steak
- 2 Limes
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Bunch Cilantro/ Coriander
- A Few Sprigs Spring Onion
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Thumb-Sized Piece Ginger
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1/4 Fresh Pineapple
- 1 Sprinkle Pine Nuts
- Slice fish thinly and add the fresh squeezed lemon and lime juices, grated ginger and garlic.
- Mix well and place into refrigerator for abut 20-30 minutes.
- In the meantime chop up remaining ingredients for the salad and mix everything together right before you serve.