I’m always looking for creative ways to get more veggies in my life. Generally I’m not a fan of white sauces or even soups because I don’t like the feeling heaviness of cream in my guts (that and I’m lactose intolerant.) This dish is not only healthy and naughty-tasting, it won’t leave you with that uncomfortably-stuffed feeling.
Cauliflower is so versatile—Have you tried cauliflower crust pizza yet? Deeeeeelicioso.
I haven’t done much cooking while stateside and made this dish before I left Australia. It’s worth sharing now because it’s one of those trans-seasonal meals that can work in just about any weather (it’s winter there and summer here.) Light but comforting, healthy yet satisfying. Easy too! I’m making myself hungry….
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 4 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- 4 Ham Slices
- 1 Egg
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- Handful Fresh Basil (For Garnish)
- Few Shakes White Pepper (or Red if you’re braver)
- Giant Pinch Parmasean Cheese
- Drizzle Olive oil
- Boil cauliflower head and garlic in stock, in a pot, until tender. Drain and save the stock in case you need to thin the sauce.
- Add coconut milk and blend using an immersion blender or regular blender.
- Heat oil in a pan and add diced ham until desired crispness.
- Add cauliflower/ garlic mixture to the pan to keep warm and turn down heat.
- Before serving add raw egg and mix thoroughly.
- Pour over pasta and top with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Devour, guilt-free!