I’ve made it a tad healthier than my Mom’s version by cutting the mayo with yogurt. You could probably cut out the mayo completely just double the yogurt and be sure to compensate with a little extra seasoning.
Mom’s Chicken Salad
- 1 or 2 Breasts Cooked Chicken
- 2 Cups Celery
- 2 Cups Sliced Grapes (any type works I used black grapes here)
- 1/4 Cup Mayo (try this awesome homemade one)
- 1/4 Cup Greek Yoghurt (Or Plain)
- 1 Teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
- Dice or shred chicken and celery. Slice the grapes.
- Throw ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix the mayo, yogurt, and seasoning together first (prevents unnecessary grape mushing.)
- Fold dressing in with rest of the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.